Time: 2:00pm EST
Read/listened to since last update: Something Missing, The Reader
Brief thoughts on what I’ve read: Something Missing is extremely fun — about an OCD professional thief who calls the people he steals from his “clients” and only takes ordinary things, like a few Advil or a can of tomatoes. The only problem is that the chapters are lo-o-o-ong, so I don’t feel like I’m making much progress! The Reader is absorbing, well-written without being too dense. And the chapters aren’t more than a few pages, so it’s a nice contrast to Something Missing.
Other Readathon-related activities: Minichallenges! Indie Pride, Show Me Your Books (see below for pictures!), 100-Word (or Less!) Story (see below for the story of my day so far!)
Where I stand overall:
- The Phantom Tollbooth: 20 / 20 chapters read (DONE!)
- The Reader: 9 / 46 chapters read
- A Most Improper Magic: 0 / 21 chapters read
- The Report (10 chapters done before Readathon): 10 / 48 chapters read
- Something Missing: 4 / 17 chapters read
- Interpreter of Maladies: 0 / 9 stories read
- Housekeeping vs. the Dirt: 0 / 14 essays read
- An Abundance of Katherines: 0 / 19 chapters read
- A Thousand Splendid Suns: 0 / 51 chapters read
- Al Capone Shines My Shoes (audiobook) (5 hrs 40 mins done before Readathon): 5 hrs 40 mins / 7 hrs 51 mins listened to
- Fahrenheit 451 (audiobook): 0 hrs 0 mins / 5 hrs 8 mins listened to
For a little about why I chose each book as well as the authors, please see my initial book selection post.
For an explanation of my update format, reading time, etc., please see my initial Saturday post.
Show Me Your Books Minichallenge:
My office, with fiction on the tall shelves and kids’ books / YA on the shelf sticking out to the left…I’m sitting here as I post this!
The newest additions to my home, thanks to a library sale last weekend!
The stack awaiting me for the Readathon!
100-Word (or less!) Story Minichallenge:
The Readathon (So Far)
I woke up earlier than usual, even though it’s Saturday. I couldn’t wait for my first Readathon! I put the water on for tea. Checked the internet and found – oh no! – that it was down! 8am, time to start reading. My darling husband fixed the internet while making me breakfast. I missed the first challenge, but that’s ok. My internet returned to show me lots of encouragement and cheering from around the blogosphere (and Twitter too!). Brownie and milk in hand, I’m off to keep reading. The end! (For now…)