I’d never heard of Bloggiesta before yesterday, but once I’d found out what it was, I was excited to participate! Bloggiesta, hosted by Natasha, is a weekend marathon during which bloggers focus on their blogs, creating goals or to-do lists ahead of time and then using the weekend to get things done. I have some things I’d like to accomplish with regards to Erin Reads, and I really enjoyed my first Readathon last October, so I’m looking forward to participating in Bloggiesta! It runs from today through Sunday.
I’ll post my regular weekend schedule (My Week in Books and the Sunday Salon), using this post as a place to keep track of my to-do list and mini-challenges instead of posting updates.
Here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish over the Bloggiesta weekend:
- Reorganize blog-related folders on my hard drive
- Clean out blog photos I took but never used
- Play around with new widgets to see if I can find anything cool to add
- Clean out WordPress plug-ins and get rid of the ones I’m not using
- Explore new plug-in options
- Create a file for keeping frequently used links (like to readalongs and challenges) for easy reference
- Create files or find a plug-in to keep track of post templates
- Play with menu setup
- Finish revamping my Google Reader
- Write reviews for Leviathan, Behemoth, and The Interpreter of Maladies
- Brainstorm and plan new types of posts (midway through a book, monthly wrap-ups, etc.)
- Make buttons for new post types
- Tweak existing post types (add links to other reviews? etc.)
- Catch up on Google Reader and implement any further tips or tricks I can find
- Brainstorm Sunday Salon topics
- Update GoodReads and LibraryThing with reviews
- Organize my email inbox (This took HOURS, but I went from 3000+ total emails in my inbox to just 14! Learning about Gmail’s Archive feature was amazingly helpful!)
- Learn more about SEO
- Start collecting images with We Heart It
- Create Add a LibraryThing button? (I wasn’t able to create my own, but Rebecca from Rebecca Reads kindly shared hers!)
- Set up a contact form
I’m sure I’ll add others as I start working on these!
Hours spent Bloggiesta-ing:
Mini Challenges Completed
- Setting Goals @ My Friend Amy
- Organize Thy Books @ Jenn’s Bookshelves
- Design Your Own Buttons/Banner @ SMS Book Reviews (New button is to the right)
- Best Practices on Organizing and Staying on Top of Your Email @ Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin’?
- It’s All About the Numbers @ There’s A Book
- Anchors Aweigh @ Galleysmith
- It’s Not Cheating @ There’s A Book
- Grade Your Blog @ Bookish Ruth
- Your Review Policy @ Girls Gone Reading
- Clean Up Your Feedreader! @ The Book Lady’s Blog
- Favicons and Gravatars @ Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin’?
- Footers @ Bookalicio.us
- Backing Up Your Blog @ Farm Lane Books
- Google Alerts @ Emily’s Reading Room
- Google Forms @ Devourer of Books
- 10 Things Bloggers Should Not Do @ Word Lily
- Update a Key Page or Post @ Devourer of Books
- Elevator Pitches @ Books, Movies, and Chinese Food
What About You?
Are you participating in Bloggiesta? What are some of your goals? Any suggestions for things you’d like to see on Erin Reads?