Well, my first Bloggiesta is over. For having only found out about Bloggiesta on Thursday, I’d say I had a very productive weekend! I started out with a to-do list, and I got almost everything done. The few tasks I didn’t finish had to do with actually writing posts, which I’m used to doing on a daily basis, so no problem there. Here are the highlights of what I got done:
- I finally invited Erin Reads readers to be my reading buddies! Check out the post and sign up if you’re interested. I’m excited!
- I fiddled with my blog layout a little, adding, combining, and removing some elements from my sidebar. New sidebar items include posts by topic, recent/popular posts, and a feed of Google Reader items I especially enjoy (thanks to Kim of Sophisticated Dorkiness for that one)!
- I created a landing page for the Erin Reads Facebook page! I’m not sure I’m fully happy with it, but I’m pleased I got something up. If you’re on Facebook and would like to stop by, I’d love to see you over there.
- I added a LibraryThing button to my Subscribe & Connect box! I wasn’t able to make my own, but Rebecca from Rebecca Reads was kind enough to share hers. If you’re on LibraryThing, come say hello!
- I installed a lot of plug-ins that are already helping me blog more efficiently and will, I hope, generally make Erin Reads a nicer place to be. Most visible of these are my Contact page, related posts, and a copyright notice, but there are some cool behind-the-scenes ones too. I also deleted some unused plug-ins.
- I learned to label and archive my Gmail inbox. It took many hours, but I got my inbox down from 3000+ messages (mostly read but not deleted) to just 14!
- I made more improvements to my Google Reader! Rebecca’s post on the Book Lady’s Blog about taming your feedreader was hugely helpful. The Firefox add-on she suggests? Magic.
- I updated LibraryThing and GoodReads with review excerpts and links.
- I worked out the details for a few new post formats I’d like to use and created buttons for them.
- I added a few bells and whistles to my existing post formats, including My Week in Books and my review posts (“Book Thoughts”).
- I cleaned up the blog files I keep on my computer so that I can actually find things!
- I cleaned up my categories to better reflect the posts I’ve been writing so that you can actually find things!
- I participated in 18 mini challenges, all of which helped me improve Erin Reads.
I ended up working for a total of 35 hours (whoa!). I’m so glad I participated in Bloggiesta and can’t wait for July, when the next one rolls around!
If you participated in Bloggiesta, how did it go?