Time: 11:00am EST
Read/listened to since last update: The Phantom Tollbooth; started Something Missing
Brief thoughts on what I’ve read: I loved The Phantom Tollbooth! So creative and delightful.
Other Readathon-related activities: Minichallenges! Hour 1 Meme (see below); Back-in-the-Day Children’s Book Challenge; Six-Word Celebration
Where I stand overall:
- The Phantom Tollbooth: 20 / 20 chapters read (DONE!)
- The Reader: 0 / 46 chapters read
- A Most Improper Magic: 0 / 21 chapters read
- The Report (10 chapters done before Readathon): 0 / 48 chapters read
- Something Missing: 1 / 17 chapters read
- Interpreter of Maladies: 0 / 9 stories read
- Housekeeping vs. the Dirt: 0 / 14 essays read
- An Abundance of Katherines: 0 / 19 chapters read
- A Thousand Splendid Suns: 0 / 51 chapters read
- Al Capone Shines My Shoes (audiobook) (5 hrs 40 mins done before Readathon): 5 hrs 40 mins / 7 hrs 51 mins listened to
- Fahrenheit 451 (audiobook): 0 hrs 0 mins / 5 hrs 8 mins listened to
For a little about why I chose each book as well as the authors, please see my initial book selection post.
For an explanation of my update format, reading time, etc., please see my initial Saturday post.
Minichallenge: Hour 1
Where are you reading from today? My apartment in Pennsylvania
3 facts about me … (1) I’m originally from Ohio; (2) I majored in American Sign Language in college; (3) I love to travel!
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 9 books plus 2 audiobooks
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? Nope…just HAVE FUN!!
If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? It’s my first time, so no. But I appreciate all the advice I’ve been given!