Another month has come and gone, and 2011 is half way over! Here’s what my June looked like:
Total books read: 8
Total pages read: 2,675
Favorite book: This month was a winner. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, and When She Woke by Hillary Jordan were all phenomenal.
Least favorite book: Vaclav and Lena by Haley Tanner
The rest: The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair, Mr. Chartwell by Rebecca Hunt, The Snow Whale by John Minichillo, and Feed by M.T. Anderson
Total audiobooks listened to: 3
Total hours listened: 22 hours, 42 minutes
Favorite audiobook: A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
Least favorite audiobook: none…they were all very good!
The rest: Brooklyn by Colm Toibin and Savvy by Ingrid Law
On Erin Reads this past month:
- Reading Buddies discussed Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (Part 1 | Part 2) and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer (Part 1 | Part 2), two books I loved.
- Emily, Cass and I watched and read Angels in America by Tony Kushner.
- I set up shop on Tumblr!
- I shared some audiobooks I very much enjoyed for Audiobook Week: Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
- I participated in the Spring into Summer Readathon and finally shared my thoughts on Hush by Eishes Chayil, which I read during the April readathon!
- I reviewed more recent releases than usual: The Great Lenore by JM Tohline, The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair, Mr. Chartwell by Rebecca Hunt, and Vaclav and Lena by Haley Tanner.
That was my June. How was yours?