Hour: 22 (whoa!)
Time: 5:00am EST
Read/listened to since last update: A Most Improper Magick…all my brain can handle!
Brief thoughts on what I’ve read: It’s cute. Good quick reading for the middle of the night.
Other Readathon-related activities: Tweeting; Minichallenges: Memoir/True Story, Character Photo (see below!), Favorite Sidekick
Where I stand overall:
- The Phantom Tollbooth: 20 / 20 chapters read (DONE!)
- The Reader: 19 / 46 chapters read
- A Most Improper Magic: 19 / 21 chapters read
- The Report (10 chapters done before Readathon): 10 / 48 chapters read
- Something Missing: 17 / 17 chapters read (DONE!)
- Interpreter of Maladies: 0 / 9 stories read
- Housekeeping vs. the Dirt: 0 / 14 essays read
- An Abundance of Katherines: 0 / 19 chapters read
- A Thousand Splendid Suns: 0 / 51 chapters read
- Al Capone Shines My Shoes (audiobook) (5 hrs 40 mins done before Readathon): 7 hrs 51 mins / 7 hrs 51 mins listened to (DONE!)
- Fahrenheit 451 (audiobook): 0 hrs 0 mins / 5 hrs 8 mins listened to
For a little about why I chose each book as well as the authors, please see my initial book selection post.
For an explanation of my update format, reading time, etc., please see my initial Saturday post.
Character Photo Minichallenge:
Here’s my version of Tock the watchdog from The Phantom Tollbooth (my first read of the day!):