Another month is over, and I can hardly believe it! Thanks to my summer classes, July flew by. I spent the second half catching up on War and Peace for Jillian’s readalong — I’m now just a month and a half behind instead of almost five. Because of that, I didn’t get as much other reading done as I’d have liked, but it was still a very good reading month.
Here’s what my July looked like:
Total books read: 4
Total pages read: 1,468
Favorite book: Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, which is rather unfair to the rest of the books because I adored Cloud Atlas!
Least favorite book: I think probably The Awakening by Kate Chopin, but not by much
Total audiobooks listened to: 4
Total hours listened: 48 hours, 15 minutes
Favorite audiobook: His Majesty’s Dragon by Naomi Novik (read by Simon Vance) — thank goodness there are five more in the series and a sixth on the way!
Least favorite audiobook: Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann
During July on Erin Reads:
- I couldn’t resist sharing my exciting library sale loot.
- I asked about your dictionary preferences.
- Reading Buddies discussed Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann (discussion | wrap-up).
- I shared thoughts on A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly, Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín, and Savvy by Ingrid Law, all on audio.
- I also posted about some print books — Feed by M.T. Anderson, The Sweetness of Tears by Nafisa Haji, and The Snow Whale by John Minichillo all made appearances.
- I also posted the poll to select October’s Reading Buddies book. If you’re interested in reading along, be sure to vote for your top choice in the poll to the right!
That was my July. How was yours?