Total books read: 6
Total pages read: 1, 749
Favorite book: I actually really enjoyed all six of the books I read this month and rated them all the same on Goodreads. But if I had to choose one, Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh probably had a tiny edge.
Least favorite book: none, see above!
Total audiobooks listened to: 6
Total hours listened: 59 hours, 21 minutes (the most so far this year!)
Favorite audiobook: the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik (I listened to books 2-5 this month, read by Simon Vance)
Least favorite audiobook: The Borrower by Rebecca Makkai
- I started the month by sharing a few pictures of where I’d been for most of August.
- The big event last month was Book Blogger Appreciation Week! Participants posted about community (twice), reading, and blogging. We also interviewed one another! After the event, we got to know one another a little better.
- The big event in October is the Read-A-Thon! I encouraged you to sign up to cheer for the event. In the same post, I introduced #wordverify and shared some recent acquisitions.
- In September, Reading Buddies read Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh, a book that’s been on my TBR forever (discussion post, wrap-up post). I also reminded you about the upcoming Reading Buddies schedule.
- I kicked off an international giveaway for two copies of Death Wishing by Laura Ellen Scott (still going on — you have until Tuesday to enter!).
- In one post, I shared my favorite banned books in honor of Banned Books Week and my experiences with nonfiction audiobooks for BAND’s September discussion.
- And finally, I reviewed some books: Still Life with Brass Pole by Craig Machen, That Day in September by Artie Van Why, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne Valente, Death Wishing by Laura Ellen Scott, and The Borrower by Rebecca Makkai.
That was my September. How was yours?